Wednesday, August 10, 2011

About Me--Sadie

Hey everyone....Well, anyone who may be reading the blog.
I've never blogged before, but let me start by introducing myself. I'm Sadie, I'm 16, and I'll be in 11th grade this year at a public school in Colorado where I live. I'm not very outgoing, but once you get to know me I'm really pretty open. Something most people don't know about me is that I do have a learning disability where my retention (if you'd call it that) isn't nearly as good as it should be so I have to read something usually at least 5 or 6 times before I fully understand the context of it and can recall details. I also am a little bit dyslexic where I switch letters, numbers, etc...so, just bear with me on that. I will try to always use the spell check thing and re-read through my posts before I publish them, but I might not always catch mistakes. But yeah, so like in school with reading a class book...I read each chapter/section 5 or 6 times in order to fully 'get it' like most students would be able to do after reading it once or twice. After a lot of thinking, I've decided to put this more personal information about me on this blog just because I feel that people reading it will be able to better understand me as I post. I'm not a super intense person; I prefer to just go through life as smoothly as possible...so, I'm pretty chill. Ask me a question, get to know me, but most of all just read this blog!! :)

Some information about myself? Well, I'll make some lists (because if you only take away one thing from this post, make sure to remember that I love making lists) haha...but no seriously. It's kind of my thing...not really but you get the idea :)

Things I love: (here are just a few; there are many)
-lists of things I love
-music
-animals
-reading
-quotes
-optimism
-smoothies

Things I'm interested in:
-marine biology
-science in general
-nature
-animal welfare

Things I hate:
-cruelty to animals
-people who have a pessimistic attitude
-big words that are hard to spell
-the way people label me as 'shy, quiet, and unfriendly' before getting to know me...although, yes. I am fairly quiet and shy....def. not unfriendly though!

Basic get to know you things:
favorite movie (okay, well top 3. haha)-Finding Nemo, I Am Sam, Soul Surfer
favorite book (top 3)-My Sister's Keeper, Marley and Me, The Kite Runner
favorite animal (top 3)-Jelly fish, Commerson's dolphins, Sea Lions
Sports- Soccer!!!
TV- Grey's Anatomy, Arthur
music- Taylor Swift!!! Jack Johnson is pretty great too :)
favorite clothing brand (top 3)- North Face, Adidas, or Nike
favorite part of summer 2011- SEACAMP (San Diego)! ><>

So that covers most of the basics about me....at least, the ones I can think of right now.... :)

I'm going to end with a quote: here's one that I recently discovered in a movie I saw the other day. (It has actually become one of my favorite movies too...So, check it out if you haven't! It's called Soul Surfer.)

"They say the world works in mysterious ways; I say that's an understatement. Who would've thought that teaching a child to surf would teach me that surfing isn't the most important thing in the world, and that something else is. Love. Bigger than any tidal wave; more powerful than any fear." (Soul Surfer)

No comments:

Post a Comment