Friday, August 12, 2011

Summer 2011

Hi everyone,

So, for me summer is coming to a close. I have just over 10 days left...and I know it's going to fly by soo fast. :( I find it strange how school always seems to creep up on me and ALWAYS towards the end of summer I realize just how much I still had planned to do slash..still have to do before summer officially ends. It's quite a scary thought to think about not having enough time to finish everything, but I guess that's part of the feeling the end of summer is supposed to give you; you're supposed to feel sad it's over but at the same time, look forward to the 1st week..okay, maybe day...of school where you get to see friends and find out which teachers you have and who has classes with you!! Registration is always the day when I reflect on my summer..in a sense. and since that was today for me, I guess this blog post is right on time...ya know? :)

This summer has had it's ups and downs....as any time period would. Probably my favorite summer 2011 memory will have been SeaCamp, although just overall not having the stress of school/homework/tests was definitely fantastic as well :) The 'low' of my summer would have been family issues, the week when my dog was superrr sick and I was worried he might die, and then obviously the whole friend issue with 'Sara'. I'll start with the lows...
1. family issues...I feel like that's self-explanetory, and I kinda don't want to get into the specifics.
2. My dog being superrr sick...He had a series of 'attacks' where he wasn't able to get enough air and we had to take him to the ER at 1:00 in the morning. It was really scary, and after having to put down a dog just over 2 years ago...I didn't want to have to experience that pain again. especially not with my dog who I love soo much since loosing him would kinda be the equivalent of the world ending...just saying. He means soo much to me. It turned out he had some type of blockage in his stomach and an esophigeal something...but we got medications and did home care to help him get better. <3 So glad he's okay.
3. Friend (or not I guess) Drama...This is mostly explained in the last blog post I wrote.

Now for the fabulous parts of summer: :)



1. ><> SEACAMP!!!!!- Best. thing. ever. Oh my gosh. I love this camp soo much and I'm going to be insanely sad once Senior year starts knowing I won't be able to go there as a camper to the I, II, or III summer sessions. However, there IS a college age trip that I recently found out about..but, I don't know much about that yet. haha. I will have ot look into it. :) But anyways, this is a marine biology camp in San Diego, CA and this summer I did SCII. My favorite part of camp has to have been the night snorkel...even though I almost passed up the opportunity because I was cold and putting on the dreaded wetsuit and then jumping into freezing water didn't seem like it was going to make the situation better...plus, lets be honest. I was kinda freaked out by the idea of jumping into the ocean when it was dark and I wouldn't be able to see more than a few feet infront of my face or around my body (since we were given water flashlights). I made the decision to go though and I"m sooooo glad I did! I would've regretted not going sooo much...although, I probably wouldn't have known what I was missing out on either. It was soooo cool seeing the 'water sparkles'; the squid light and all flashlights were turned off for a period of time once everyone was in the water and you would move your hands back and forth through the water creating movement and there would be little 'sparkles'. What we were seeing was bioluminescense. (A light produced by a chemical reaction that occurs in an organism). We saw dinoflagellates (according to the SC instructors), which are the most common source of bioluminescense. It was soooo cool! I also highly enjoyed the sea lion that was out for a swim and kept circling around my group :) so amazing. So, if it wasn't already obvious; I LOVED the night snorkel :) The seacamp instructors were also fantastic and I loved getting ot know them throughout camp. They were all so friendly and caring; best of all, they knew how to allow for lots of fun while still maintaining a sense of authority, and saftey was def. the number one priority. :)
2. No homework/tests or stress from school...pretty self explanatory :)


SO, overall it has been a great and aa pretty fantastic summer and I'm sad to see it come to a close. 11th grade here we come. I'm incredibly nervous for this year because I've heard it's the difficultest and most challengingist year of high school...whcih I can't imagine will be all that fun with my already present difficutlies in school as is...but, I'm going to try to make the best of it. I'll work through the tough times and it'll be great to know that I have Sydney to help me through along with the blog which will be a good plae to be able to just write it all down. :)

I hope all of you reading the blog (whoever that may be) have had a great summer as well and will have an excellent year of leraning too :)

-Sadie

And here's a quote:
"Our memories of the ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone."



No comments:

Post a Comment