Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day... I Mean End to a Week Gone Bad

Good evening world,

Today I was volunteering all day, working at a concessions stand to help out and make money for the football team. Boy was today just another hassle to my already awful week. Just yesterday I had gotten into a fight with my parents that was really all a misunderstanding, but since no one could stop yelling random crap and “Go to your room,” so that nobody could explain their side of the story, it lasted a lot longer than it should have and was much more painful. But that was settled. Anyways, today I first arrived to help out and see all of the other workers and a few football players there. I’d be lying to say that my first thought wasn’t, “DANG, these boys aren’t even cute.” I know, I know, I’m such a girl. But I was looking forward to some conversation! Shocking coming from me, eh? Turns out these boys were the shyest football players you’d ever meet. They hardly said a word. However, the head coach is… well, yum. O_o I’m sorry but he is and I don’t care if that’s weird. Also, everyone there was like so big and so tall compared to me (And I'm not exactly short) so it was a little intimidating. Well, I was shockingly disappointed within a few moments…
“Ms. You got black pants?”
“These ARE black…”
“Go to the Salvation Army and buy some black pants or you can’t work.”
WOW.
I’ll have you know… people were wearing jeans! And my pants were totally black! So there started an adventure to… Woo! The Salvation Army! And I will never wear those black pants again in my entire life. Then they gave me a hassle about not being allowed to bring bags to work so the workers really started getting on my nerves. We started making food and soon enough we were handing out hotdogs and other crap. BELIEVE ME IT'S CRAP. Never eat concession food again! NASTY! I almost puked. And it was sooooo hot! And we got sooooo dirty (I don’t usually mind dirty but I felt gross in what I was wearing already). And it was boring! To top it all off, I swear the football players hardly even worked. I was doing everything (P.S. it’s not even my football team). Now I’m not saying I’m not a cheerful volunteer, but dude. It was a bad setting. Long story short, we stood next to trash on the way out that smelt so bad I could pass out, walked next to smokers for a good half hour (in that time I still hadn't unplugged my nose from the trash so i wasn't breathing properly for a good couple hours (including gasping for breath in the hot kitchen)), I got home, ate another bad cut of meat JUST like yesterday, got sick, tried to fix my fried hair (from working in the hot kitchen all day) with deep conditioner, and problems got worse with my friends. Yay!

And now I would like to dedicate a paragraph to me rambling on about friends who let you go then come back for more and repeat the cycle over and over and over giving the constant “I’m sorry it won’t happen again” message (Taylor Swift – You’re Not Sorry is what I’m thinking of). And yes, once again I found myself browsing the internet for quotes about how I’m feeling and listening to those sad and I’m so mad kind of songs. Hate the feeling, love the inspiration. For the sake of this blog (and as you may have noticed before) I don’t go into a lot of background and detail with things I’m going through, but I simply stick to the emotions. Here goes:

Don’t tell me how wonderful your new best friend is. Don’t tell me how life is so amazing now. You told me that if things weren’t different then I could leave, so show me the door, girl. Show me the door. “Drama’s for movies, not reality.” Now if you’re going to get mad at me for your hypocritical actions then talk to the wrist, because you’re officially dissed. I gave you 2, 3, 4, a thousand chances and you still blow it. Go ahead and tell all of “our” friends! “Haters are going to hate, baby.” And don’t act like I’m the bad guy here who just lost you because you didn’t even have me as a friend for a while now.

“Sweetie, if you’re going to be two-faced at least make one of them pretty :).”

“When people you don’t even know hate you, you know you’re the best. <3”

“No more games, no more drama. When you want to be real, give me a holla.”

“Lately I have to watch what I say. You take things personal nowadays. You used to laugh and now you get mad… dang I want my best friend back.”

“The more friends you have, the more problems there will be, because everyone that’s a part of your life talks crap when you can’t see.”

“Friendship isn’t about whom you have known the longest. It’s about who came and never left your side.”

RANDOM QUOTE: … - Anonymous

RANDOM ICON:

-Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment