Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dream. Believe. Imagine

Hey everyone reading the blog!
Dream. Believe. Imagine.
Such great words..but, I feel like they're often overlooked because people focus too much on the small things in life that aren't going right instead of the things they have to be able to look forward to...I'm guilty too though.

You need to have dreams, believe they are possible, and then imagine the ways you will make them come true.

I remember the time when I was little and my friend who's almost like a sister to me said: "You'll never be able to do THAT (be a teacher) since you can't even read that well; are you CRAZY?!!!" and it made me really think. I've known for over half of my life that I'm 'different' in more than just the typical ways, but when my friend said this to me after I claimed I was going to be a 5th grade teacher when I was in 3rd grade; I wondered why she would say something like that, but over time I've a. forgiven her for 'killing my dreams' as I saw it at that point, and b. realized that being different makes judgement from others come quicker, but it also allows you to see the world in different ways. Despite the fact that being a teacher was my dream and I had been planning to go that 'route' when I got older, I've realized that being a teacher is definitely not what I want to do with my life...and that something else is....Marine Biology. I'm fascinated by the ocean and marine life, so now that I'm older, that's my dream. I believe it's possible. and I've definitely imagined a variety of ways to make that happen... ><>

EVERYONE should read this...my Mom showed it to me a few days ago and it's all so true (even if there are some that don't really apply directly to me...I still love it.)

"I am thankful...


.. for the husband who complains when his dinner is
not on time, because it means he is home with me, not
with someone else.


.. for the teenager who is complaining about doing
dishes, because it means she/he is at home, not on the
streets.


.. for the taxes that I pay, because it means that I
am employed .


.. for the mess to clean after a party, because it
means that I have been surrounded by friends.


.. for the clothes that fit a little too snug,
because it means I have enough to eat.


.. for my shadow that watches me work, because it
means I am out in the sunshine.


.. for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need
cleaning, and gutters that need fixing, because it
means I have a home.


.. for all the complaining I hear about the
Government, because it means we have freedom of speech.



.. for the parking spot I find at the far end of the
parking lot, because it means I am capable of
walking, and that I have been blessed with
transportation.


.. for my huge heating bill, because it means I am
warm.


.. for the lady behind me in church that sings off
key, because it means that I can hear.


.. for the pile of laundry and ironing, because it
means I have clothes to wear.


.. for weariness and aching muscles at the end of the
day, because it means I have been capable of working
hard and using those limbs.


.. for the alarm that goes off in the early morning,
because it means that I am alive.

And finally


.... for too much e-mail, because it means I have
friends who are thinking of me and are trying to make
me smile even when they are out of touch.



Thanks for reading!! :)
Here's a quote:"Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." 

No comments:

Post a Comment